Sunday, October 9, 2011

I have it so good (Sunday Ten)

There is so much to be thankful for this week:
  1. wonderful friends to host us in sunny Xiamen
  2. a bookstore with books in English
  3. great bumper cars (which you can steer a full 360 degrees!)
  4. excellent restaurants in Xiamen
  5. the opportunity to gain a sunburn at the biggest Starbucks in China
  6. an internet connection that works more than often enough
  7. adequate time to prepare for my classes
  8. St. Olaf Choir albums on my computer
  9. God's desire to be relational to us in addition to His greatness
  10. that my identity comes from Him
It's so easy to get grumpy when I don't get what I want or expect. And I've been spoiled in other periods of my life. But my situation is so good that complaining would be ridiculous.

No comments:

Post a Comment